St.James is an evangelical church that is committed to teaching the Bible, out of our conviction that when the Bible is taught, God is speaking to us.
This is because we believe that God has inspired humans to write the Bible and that everything we need to know about God and our relationship with Him can be found in the pages of the Bible. In those pages, God is revealed as having done everything necessary to make it possible for us to be in a good relationship with each other by sending the son Jesus into the world to die in our place and this affects our entire approach to church.
If God, who is powerful enough to bring the universe into existence through the word, is also interested in each person enough to sacrifice the son – as the Bible teaches – then this is news that we need to respond to and everyone needs to hear. We’re about relationship, not religion.
Of course more can be said about our faith than we can’t fit on this page but we’d be delighted to explain our faith to you, if you’d give us a chance. We’d love to see you on Sunday or at any of our midweek activities
As the PCC works towards a Mission Action Plan for St James over the coming years we have started to think around five values we believe God is showing us we need to work towards. These are;
- We are family orientated – We want St James to become a church where the whole family can come together to worship God, to feel welcome and where they feel they can grow together in faith and love in our Lord.
- Bible Based and Prayerful – We want to be a church that is built on gospel truths and is fully immersed in the word of God in everything we do and as we move forward each step is covered with prayer and God’s guidance.
- Every person is welcomed– We want St James to be a safe haven and welcoming church to everyone who we meet both inside and outside of church. We want people to feel the love Jesus has for them through the welcome they receive from the people of St James.
- Open and honest – We want people to know the truth and the Good News about Jesus Christ our Saviour and friend and we want to be fully open and honest with each person that we encounter that is what we want each of them to know for themselves in their own hearts.
- Led by the Holy Spirit– We want to be a church that listens to God’s guidance through the Holy Spirit and be a place that allows God’s Spirit to fully work in the lives of each person who worships with us.
We continue to pray for God to guide us and lead us at this exciting time of growth in our church and in our Diocese.